Wednesday 14 November 2018

Posting #6 - Time for a "Driver Studebaker"

During the last year or so I decided that I would like to buy a "Driver Studebaker", to drive around to local events and club meetings. (truth is I realized it will be many moons before I will be driving "my project car").  I started searching and I found some that I just "had to have" almost right away. But of course they were always a few thousand miles away and it meant a long road trip to get them or have them shipped out.

I just about bought a couple, but it was always the same. When I checked into them they weren't as nice as they were advertised to be.... you know the story! Finally found one that was relatively close and in pretty nice condition. Introducing my new Studebaker.....!!

1964 Studebaker Daytona Wagonaire with sliding roof

I received this Wagonaire at the end of August, just in time to take it down to the International Studebaker 2018 Meet that was in Tacoma, Washington this year, on the Labour Day weekend. I am glad to report that the wagon made it there and back with no problems at all. Needless to say when you have an old car that is new to you and you aren't familiar with all its "finer points" it can be a bit unnerving.  However I am glad to say that by the end of the trip, I was very happy with the outcome. (Don't tell the wrong people, but I have a picture of the speedometer reading 75 MPH!!)

I hadn't planned on this, but I am now moving my  "Daytona Project" out of the garage for a couple of months and going to do a few things on the Wagonaire that I figure need doing. Not going to get too carried away.... I have enough to do on the other Studebaker in my life as it is!

Here are a couple of other pictures of her. Click here to be sent to Ron's Wagonaire Photo Album

Studebaker 289 cubic inch/4 brl carb
Mags were already on the car



I will be building on the photo album as I go along if you want to check in once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment